1. What if I don't see something on your website that I want? Will you make a custom order?
At this time, I am not taking custom orders from new customers. If there is something you want that is not on my website you will have to contact someone else.
If you are a previous customer who has ordered something on my website before and it is no longer available, let's talk!
2. Do I need to live in San Diego in order to purchase a fingerprint or pet print charm?
No. I will send you some material with instructions so you can take the print. I include a prepaid return envelope for you to mail back the impressions. Please don't order until you are READY to take the prints. Compound used has a limited shelf life.
3. How do I get an impression kit?
Once you place an order, I will mail you an impression kit.
4. How do you create these charms?
After you take your impressions, please mail them back to me. I will then use your impression to create your silver piece.
5. How young can a child be for a print to be seen?
It all depends on the individual. Generally, if a child is less than 2 years old, toe prints work a lot better than fingerprints. But, I have been able to get good prints from children as young as 3 months old.
Most children under the age of 2 do not have defined prints. Baby impressions are really cute even if defined prints are not visible. Please consider what it is you want from your charm before you order. If you want to see fingerprint lines and your child is under 2 years old, you may not get that. Toes could work.
6. What is your return policy?
Because all of the jewelry is custom made just for you, ALL SALES ARE FINAL and there are no refunds or exchanges. I do not offer refunds for poor quality impressions. Any replacements or remakes due to ordering mistakes will be processed as a new order at your expense. If you are unsure of anything when placing your order, please contact me.
7. How long does the entire print taking process take?
It will take you about 5 minutes to collect the print.
8. When can I expect my charm to be finished?
Once I receive the impression from you, it will take me 4-5 weeks to complete the charm, sometimes longer since this is my part-time job. Finished products will take longer during the holiday season.
I also provide tracking information on your return envelope. If you want to know when I received your impressions, please copy down the tracking
information and check on the USPS website.
9. On the back of the charm, can you add a name or initials & date?
Yes, I can add the date and name or initials on the back.
10. Is this just meant for a child's finger print or is it possible to get a charm with my husband's print on it?
Absolutely! I can create a charm from anyone's print! I've created charms for individuals ages 2 weeks to 100 years old!
11. If I want to place another order later do you keep the prints on file?
If you placed an order directly with me, I mail back the impressions unless you specify otherwise. If you requested that I hold onto your impressions, I discard them after 6 months.
If your child was a patient of St. Jude's or Rady Children's Hospital I NEVER discard those impressions. They are kept indefinitely.
12. How do I clean my pieces?
13. Can you do handprints and footprints too?
I can take a picture of a handprint or footprint and make that into a charm. You will have to first purchase one of the ink print charms instead of the impression-type charms.
14. What if I don't have time to receive a kit from you? Is there something else I can use to capture a print?
Yes, you can use a compound called Sculpey
. You will have to bake it to harden (unlike what I use). You can find Sculpey at a craft store or even Walmart.